December 23, 2011

My New Hobby: Veil Poi Dancing

Call me an amateur, but this new found hobby just made me win the "Best Male Star of the Night" in our company Christmas Party and is one of the performances that gave an audience impact (though based on the presentation, all of our team's performers gave their best and were well applaud by the audience). The funny thing here is that when I first started practicing my Poi Dancing, I always hit my head and my balls and that really hurts a lot. But after my performance in our Christmas Presentation, everything paid off. 

Unfortunately, since the file of our team's performance is too large, I can't upload it in youtube nor here in blogger so I uploaded some pictures here. The picture shown above shows how I used both Poi Dancing and a Yoga Pose. I am now forced to do yoga once again in order to be more flexible and fit in doing my Veil Poi dancing. I chose to do Veil Poi Dancing instead of the Fire Poi Dancing because Veil Poi Dancing can utilize my skills in contemporary dancing since I am not so into modern dancing, and the movement of the veil is more visually aesthetic. Based on the videos I watched, Veil Poi Dancing can also be used hand-in-hand with belly dancing. With or with out combination with other dances,Veil Poi Dancing still requires rhythm and good body coordination specially the hands and the torso. 

Veil Poi Dancing is now one of my cardio exercise since I gained weight after 6 months of not going to the gym, next to jogging. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...